Books are a bridge that helps you to achieve several goals. The more books you read, the more knowledge you get. There are many books that have been created to give you insight into the business. They offer entrepreneur’s extremely specific advice on starting your first business. These are the 5 greatest books that will bridge you to start your business and achieve your goals:
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield This book for entrepreneurs identifies the most powerful enemy to our dreams that we all face by ourselves. The author believes our biggest enemy is ‘resistance.’ Resistance is our natural tendency to procrastinate and self-sabotage. He also outlines a battle plan to help you conquer this internal foe so if you ever struggle with self-doubt, overthinking, or procrastination. This book will help you carve a path to success, through fulfillment and productivity. It is a succinct, captivating, and no-nonsense guide to achieving success in any creative field.
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin In Purple Cow, Godin demonstrates how the traditional P’s of marketing (product, price, promotion, place, etc.). A ‘purple cow’ is the author’s metaphor for something phenomenal, counter intuitive and remarkable. This book for entrepreneurs explains how in today’s market is whether your business is either remarkable or invisible. You will learn why safe is dangerous and why very good is actually bad. The author also provides examples of companies that have succeeded by becoming Purple Cows and urges you to emulate them to drive explosive growth through word of mouth.
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future by Chris Guillebeau The $100 Startup is a book for entrepreneurs features 50 case studies of people who have built businesses earning $50,000 or more from a small investment often $100 or less. The book dives deep too. You will find out exactly how much each entrepreneur had to get started, and what they did in the first weeks and months to gain traction. It also covers the key mistakes they made, and offers insights into what made each business stick. It will help you find the intersection between your passions and skills, and what other people are willing to pay for.
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport Author and professor Cal Newport defines ‘Deep Work’ as the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task for extended periods of time. This book is for entrepreneurs which is divided into two parts. The first argues how cultivating a deep work ethic will produce monumental results in almost any profession. In the second, Newport presents four detailed ‘rules’ for transforming your mind and habits to develop the ability to ‘go deep.
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence – and How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk This book for entrepreneurs showcases new lessons, advice, tactics, and strategies taken from his own experiences, and that of many other powerful influencers and entrepreneurs. These successful entrepreneurs all shunned the traditional corporate life. They built businesses on their own terms to enable them to get Business Lounge Memberships. They become richer financially, and personally. If you are looking for actionable advice on how to build a powerful brand on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat, this book is for you.